Dirk’s Stairway to Heaven

Dirk Nowitzki has to snatch Game 6 to complete his stairway to heaven
(image by Robyn Beck/Getty Images)

I watched the pre-Game 6 press day on the tube this morning, and I heard Dirk Nowitzki share that he was into rock, and that he liked Led Zeppelin and the Stones.

Great stuff Dirk.


Dirk likes these guys, so how can you not like Dirk?
(image from ledzeppelin.com.nz)
Now I’ve never really been a fan of the gigantic German. Like many, I’ve always seem him as soft, as someone who was good, but not great. I cheered for the Heat in 2006.

But it all changed in the last few weeks.

I have no pretentions here. I am on the Dallas bandwagon not really because I love the Mavs, but because I hate the Heat. Guilty as charged.

But I won’t make any apologies about it too.

I want Dirk to win. Throw in Kidd, Peja, Terry, Marion and all those in Blue & White (I love those colors, don’t you?).

Revenge for 2006? Okay.

Giving the oldies what they’re due? Sure.

Cementing Dirk and Kidd amongst the timeless ones? Yeah, of course.

But the big one for me, ever since the season began, has always been this: Stop Miami. Anybody. Please.

So for you, Dirk.

Stairway to Heaven.



Previous
Next Post »
0 Comment