Hoop Nut Barges into the PBA Finals as the Underdog!

Hoop Nut made it to the Finals! Yoohoo!
(image from philippineblogawards.com.ph)

I got a pleasant surprise this evening when I found out that Hoop Nut was chosen to be a finalist in the 2011 Philippine Blog Awards (PBA) Sports Category (National Level)! 

Needless to say, it's a tremendous honor, and though I've admittedly tucked the dream of winning the whole shebang at the back of my mind, I believe I've got my work cut out for me.

The competition for the coveted sports blogging award is tough -- to say the least. Last year's sports blog winner became a finalist again. Last year's readers' choice winner became a finalist as well. The other blogs aren't shabby by any standard. And check out the addresses! Hoop Nut is the only one still using blogspot.com! 

The Competition:

"Filipino Boxing Journal" was last year's winner and
"Go Archers" was last year's recipient of the Readers' Choice plum.
(image from philippineblogawards.com.ph)
It's a bona fide underdog affair for my blog, but, again, just being mentioned in the same breath as the others is an honor in its own right. Not bad for a one-man show that began early this year, di ba? 

Until Saturday's fateful awards night, I shall simply cross my fingers and try not to think of it too much. All I can really feel right now is gratitude. 

Now to dust off that 2-year old suit.
Previous
Next Post »
2 Comment
avatar

Hey HoopNut!

Kenneth Ragpala here from Filipino Boxing Journal. Congratulations for making it to the finals. You have a great blog here. I hope it will be meaningful to you if I say that FBJ was only 5-months old when it won last year. Nothing's impossible. I want my blog to win, but good luck to you as well.

Cheers!

Balas
avatar

Thanks for the kind words Kenneth! Congratulations, too! Good luck to us all! You have an awesome site! :)

Cheers!

Balas